Rug cleaning is a great household job. It isn't simply vacuuming and getting rid of soil that is certainly stuck in the rug fibers. When the debris is not easy to remove, you might want to seek the assistance of a skilled rug cleaner especially if you have wall to wall carpets that can take hours to complete on your own. However, for those who have chosen to do the cleaning on your own, we are glad to provide you with seven wise tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by preparing ahead. Set up your rug washing supplies in one container and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read meticulously the guidelines on the rug cleaning products first before utilizing them. Always follow package instructions to ensure safety.
3. Remove most of the home furniture and anything that obstructs the rug surface. Let relatives leave the area while you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of debris that is trapped on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you are using liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the room. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the carpet cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the stains are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional rug cleaner in Katy, TX especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable rug cleaner in Katy, TX. Call them now and let them help you.